20101108

In this image, I chose to do a play off of fashion photography. Like in the next image, I put the model in a weird outfit (to mimic the ridiculous outfits fashion models sometimes wear). I would like to re-take this photo because I feel the lighting did not create enough of a contrast. It would have been nice if the lighting lightened up the model, but was darker in the background.
This lighting in this photo is dramatic and high lights the face. This lighting helps to heighten the contrast. This picture is a parody of fashion photography. In most fashion photos I see, the models are wearing the most ridiculous outfits. I asked the model to bring tons of different items to wear and she chose to wear a blonde wig with a mickey mouse cap, and darkened her face with bronzer to create a clashing effect.
In this image, I created a composition while thinking about the prompt "Crime scene". I used high contrast to mimic the harsh flash that crime photographers use. I chose to focus mainly upon the pill bottles, rather than the "dead body" in order to show the focus was "evidence". Looking upon the photo, you assume that the cause of death would be suicide, but instead I chose to show the evidence being concentrated on heavily, which could prompt someone to wonder if it was just a set up to cover a murder.


 For this last image, I chose to create a movie poster. I wanted to create something scary, but at the same time get a laugh out of the viewer. This isn't the printed version, where I darkened the contrast, centered the text and changed the font. I also added a small paragraph of text underneath the title to mimic the small, almost unreadable text on movie posters that most people tend to ignore. To create this image, I went into my bathroom because I do not have a curtain on my windows. Instead, I used the shower curtain. In order to create a softer look on the shower curtain, I set up a strobe light in the bathroom with the light off. My camera was set on a slow shutter speed and I moved the camera slightly, which created a double "ghost" image and made the curtains appear softer and the fingers more bone-like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment