20101107

Blog 22


A. Series: Brainstorm various ways to make a “series” of photographic images.

A way I could create a series of photographic images is to take a topic such as childhood dream jobs and create multiple pictures to express the subject. I could create scenes in which would represent the multiple stereotypical jobs that a child would dream of doing: Teacher, Astronaut, Artist, Veterinarian, Policeman, and etc. 

B. Final Project: Your final project in this class will be designed by you. If you could tackle any photography project, what would it be? You could combine other media with photography (video, sculpture, drawing) or you could take one of your earlier assignments and expand it to create a larger project. If you are expanding an earlier project or creating an entirely new series of images, shoot for a series of at least 5 images. Describe an idea you have for your final project.

If I could combine any other media with my photography, I would incorporate digital drawing. Since drawing is my hobby and passion, I feel it would be important to use this project to show the differences between the expressive qualities of drawing and the more realistic qualities of photography. I would use the idea I mentioned in Part A. 

1 comment:

  1. ok, sounds good. how would the drawing aid in our understanding that these are dreams? it seems that drawing could signify the "young" you and the photo the present day you? what would the drawings be of?

    ReplyDelete