20100915

Three Photos




 I wanted this piece to show movement, but at the same time contain it within the picture frame. I tried maintain focus mainly upon the players. The concept behind this piece was football and the unpredictable events that happen during a game. It is hard to focus on just one player and viewers are constantly shifting their focus from one to the next. Instead of creating the scene, I went to a football game in the town I graduated from. This photo is supposed to mimic the excitement that the fans feel and the importance of the game within the community. 
 Instead of asking my nephew to pose for me, I decided to just watch him while he played with his toys. My family enjoys gathering together and watching football, so it would only be natural that he would become a fan at a early age. I tried to capture an image that would lead the viewers' eyes to my nephew's focus on the football. I left the lighting natural because I did not want such a moment to feel staged. This piece is just simply about a child's play.

I wanted to use outdoor lighting (daytime) for this piece in order to create a dark shadow. This shadow mirrors my subject.  This piece is supposed to make you feel like the subject is running away from something, but in the process running towards  it. Perhaps they are running from themselves? This piece is more of an internal psychological conflict. 









No comments:

Post a Comment