20101020

Recreation of the "Biting Pear of Salamanca"

In this image, I chose to create a recreation of a popular art piece on the internet. The art piece features a pear with large creepy teeth being photographed photographed by a small animal. I chose to do a technology parody of this by using a Ipod touch for the biting pear, with a big smiling image on it's screen, and using the memory stick for the animal. The memory stick can "capture" the files upon the itouch. My peers thought it would be nice if the background contained a little more information.
Zoom
In this photo, the viewer is gazing up at the corner of a building, and the angle abstracts what they see. My peers liked the composition, but felt that I could darken the bottom and create more of an dark to light effect going dark on the lower part to a light on the higher part. 
Landart indoors

In this image, I create a landart piece indoors. Whenever I walk down the staircase to the door, I always see piles of leaves that have been blown inside. I decided to use this to my advantage and arrange a few of the leaf pieces into a heart and leave other pieces on the ground to create a blowing effect, which helps to lead the viewers eye across the page.

2 comments:

  1. I like the leaves in the shape of a heart 'land art' one. I think you could expand it into some really cool installations! It's too bad we can't see the color on the wilson ivy- i know how pretty that is! Because it's in black in white I might add some more contrast to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2nd image is very intriguing because of the angle and I like how it goes from dark to light. In your first image, I'm not really sure what is going on in the background. There is a lot of dark in this photo, but is there maybe a way to lighten that up?
    I really like the lighting in your last photo, and the placement of the extra leaves really adds to the photo. It would be neat to see the heart off center too.

    ReplyDelete